Monday, October 31, 2022

Final Day of Filming

We carried on our success from day one of filming onto day two. We filmed two different scenes today that illustrated the passage of time. Because it was simpler to obtain the props we needed at my place without having to deal with other people who may have interfered with the movie, that is where we did the shooting. I was the sole actor in these scenes. I was directed by Aidan and Victoria, who took turns filming. Today, getting a tilt shot was crucial, so we attempted a variety of methods to make it happen.

 I had to wear two separate outfits for the two scenes that we shot. Since the majority of Beats advertisements feature the subjects engaging in daily activities, all of the outfits we selected were casual attire. My main hobby is basketball, so that's the route we decided on.  I found it quite challenging to be filmed in a natural way. We recorded a lot of takes of me shooting and dribbling, but many of them weren't very good. We eventually managed to create a take that was deserving of being included in the finished product.

The next scene we filmed was of me getting in a truck. I changed costumes for the scene to clearly show the passage of time. We waited until it was dark out to film the scene. This shot had its challenges as well. Because it was dark out, we had to use the flash from our phones and keep the car's headlights on to get enough lighting. Holding up a phone with one hand while filming horizontally with the other was no easy task, but the takes that resulted were perfect for what we were trying to do. Despite all the work behind the scenes, the shot ended up being very natural - exactly as it was intended. This was not an accident, we took maybe a dozen takes of me just getting into the car. Though it caused frustration, the end result was well worth it. 

    At the end of the day, we had all the shots we needed to begin the editing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CCR

 This is my CCR or Creative Critical Reflection based on our short film Spike of Luck