Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Practicing makes perfect!

     It was essential that I practice several volleyball skills that would be required in the film in order to ensure that our production was authentic. It wasn't too difficult for me to practice a little bit extra because I had already been playing for several years and play on our school team. Volleyball is a fun and exciting activity that may be played indoors or outdoors. I initially needed to find a court to play on and practice on. I went to a park close by. As soon as I found the park, I gathered all the necessary equipment to practice safely. You can create a volleyball team or play and practice alone. While practicing alone can help you focus on your technique, playing with others can help you hone your skills more quickly. I made sure to fully warm up. This will ensure I am loose and prepared for sudden and fluid movements to get me ready for the big movie day. I then started building upon my foundational abilities. 

    This category includes serving, passing, setting, hitting, and blocking. Serving needs to be mastered first because a game cannot begin without a serve. It's important to start each point in the same manner. After a serve or a stroke, receiving the ball requires the use of a vital skill called passing. Effective passing is essential for your team to have a good play. Raising the ball allows a teammate to spike it down over the net. It's important to be accurate and have good hand-eye coordination. The most exciting action in volleyball is hitting, often known as spiking. In an effort to score a point, you leap and firmly strike the ball over the goal. Blocking, which involves leaping and catching the ball before it crosses the goal, is another essential skill. 

    To improve at volleyball, I had to practice every day whether it be in or outside of school. I took part in numerous exercises and pursuits. In order to enhance my techniques, I also watched videos of top volleyball players in action. Communication is essential in volleyball. Make sure you're directing their attention to the ball's location and speaking with your teammates. I collaborated with Aidan, another member of my group, to assist him and practice myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CCR

 This is my CCR or Creative Critical Reflection based on our short film Spike of Luck