Thursday, March 30, 2023

first round of filmimg

After school we planned to film our scenes. Luckily this time around we were successful in getting together and were able to film. As you know our film is about two people who play volleyball, though one of them is very passionate about it and the other is losing themselves and doesn't seem to enjoy it anymore. Filming this portion was very emotional for me because I could compare my past to it. Though now I have re-found my passion for volleyball once upon a time I considered quitting and never going back to it. So when my partner was having a hard time really getting into the character. When watching some of our films back before going through the next scenes we saw that it didnt seem real. The feelings that were shown through the camera didn't seem real and i couldn't compare to it. So we took a break and talked about it. We all agreed there needed to be a change but we didnt know what. After evaluating together we decided if I shared what it felt like when it really happened maybe they could understand where i was coming from. Once we did this, not only did it bring us together but it helped us in the scene. When we finished the next shot you could feel the emotion through the camera. When we watched it back, it was ten times better than the first and we were all happy with how it came out and were able to move on in filming. As we proceeded, I was enjoying it more and more. I believe that i have now found a new passion and it is for filming. I took a first hand in making sure we got all the angles we wanted from our storyboards. We know that some of the scenes are going to need to wait until later though. When we tried to film some, we realized we really needed a tripod. The problem was none of us had one so we asked a friend and they said next time we could borrow it. We are going to try and put together some of the scenes we have now and see where we need to re-film or edit out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CCR

 This is my CCR or Creative Critical Reflection based on our short film Spike of Luck