Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Script Blog

 Title: Spike and Friendship

FADE IN:

EXT. BEACH - DAY


Two boys, TOM and JIM, are playing volleyball on the beach.


Tom spikes the ball and scores a point. Jim looks disappointed.


TOM: (excitedly) Yes! Did you see that, Jim? We're killing it!


JIM: (sarcastically) Yeah, I saw it.


TOM: What's wrong, man? You're not into this today?


JIM: (shrugs) I don't know. I just don't enjoy it as much as you do.


TOM: (surprised) What? How can you not love volleyball?


JIM: (smiling) I don't hate it. It's just not my thing. I'd rather play soccer or basketball.


Tom looks a little hurt.


TOM: (pouts) Oh, I see how it is. You don't like playing with me.


JIM: (reassuringly) That's not true, Tom. I love hanging out with you. We can still play volleyball sometimes, but I just don't want to do it all the time.


Tom smiles again.


TOM: (excitedly) Alright then! How about we play a game of soccer after this?


JIM: (smiling) Sure, let's do it.


Suddenly, a boy named RICK runs up to them.


RICK: Hey guys! I heard you're playing volleyball. Can I join?


Tom's face lights up.


TOM: Absolutely! The more, the merrier!


Jim rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath.


JIM: (muttering) Great, another volleyball fanatic.


As they continue playing, Tom and Rick bond over their shared love for volleyball, while Jim sits out for a few rounds.


JIM: (to himself) I guess I'm just not as into it as they are. But that's okay. We can still be friends and do other things together.


FADE OUT.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CCR

 This is my CCR or Creative Critical Reflection based on our short film Spike of Luck